With the upcoming Aussie election, there have been some controversial and significant changes to super in the budget but no mention to changes in negative gearing. This however may be very different if one of the major parties gets elected.
In our latest opinion piece on Smart Property Investment, we briefly explore the history of negative gearing and unpeel the layers that need to be considered in any sensible debate on negative gearing.
- Shorten’s controversial policy reform
- How the current legislation came about
- Have the reforms achieved the original objectives?
- Should negative gearing be abolished?
- What else needs to be considered?
- Who will win – who will lose?
Download our E-Book
Learn how to invest the right way with your free E-Book Property Investment: 10 Essential Considerations.